Monday, July 9, 2012

Gamer Girl - Cards Against Humanity

We got a copy of Cards Against Humanity and have been playing it quite a bit lately.




I have to admit that when I first heard about it, I was a bit skeptical. I'm no prude or a member of the Politically Correct police, but I was worried about some of the cards being too offensive, or triggering for some of our friends. But after the first round, I was sold. I don't think I've laughed that hard in ages!



Basically, the game play is very much like Apples to Apples, but really really wrong! The card czar selects a black card and reads it aloud. Then everyone else chooses a white card from their hand. The combinations can be ridiculously hilarious. In a totally guilt-inducing way.



We've run through the entire deck a couple of times, and while we know all the cards, it's still pretty fresh. That said, we're still going to order the expansion deck soon. And, while we'll continue to pre-warn guests that if it ever gets to be not-OK, we'll stop it right away or remove the offending cards. But, frankly, it hasn't been a problem yet.

That said, it's not a game for everyone. People who don't appreciate the twisted kind of humor involving all kinds of inappropriate-in-mixed-company jokes won't like this game. And it's certainly not "family friendly." So, we'll keep Apples to Apples on hand for them.

1 comment :

  1. I LOVE that they let you print out your own on Creative Commons! I recently gave away a box that I had printed, so now I'm thinking about just buying a regular sized deck from them. :)

    ReplyDelete