Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Kickstart This!

OK, so this Kickstarter for the picture book for The Princess Who Saved Herself doesn't actually need your help. They've already nearly quadrupled their original asking, and are on their 2nd stretch goal. But I wanted to share it with you anyway, because... well... I kinda love it.

I mean, I've been a JoCo fan for what feels like forever. I was trying to remember whether I went to my first JoCo concert before or after my first PAX. I dunno. The two are twisted up together in my memory.

Most of his songs are about his life, or his wild imagination, and as a nerd I can totally relate to them, even though they're about dudes. When we used to play Rock Band at our game nights, every one would crowd into the TV room to sing along to "Code Monkey," "Skullcrusher Mountain," and "Still Alive." But still, I kinda hoped he'd do a few more songs about kickass women. (I secretly believed the curlers in "Curl" were women, but I don't think it's clear.)



When he came out with "The Princess Who Saved Herself" I was overjoyed! All my geek girl friends were agog over it. Finally we had a song that was for us! Because we had all saved ourselves. Repeatedly. Like... you know... how I came up with the name of this blog.

But there are so many reasons to love this. I love that she's a rocker, and a badass who fights dragons. But I think the most awesome is that they made the main character a little brown girl! Like... how cool is that?!



So, go check it out. Throw in your $20 and get a copy of the book when it's finished. Get two, and share one with your favorite little self-rescuing princess.

0 comments :

Post a Comment