Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Quote of the Day

"Without courage we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency." Maya Angelou


How true. As she ever was, Dr. Angelou was spot. Courage is the one thing we cannot afford to skimp on. Especially when working to improve ourselves and the world around us. We must be brave to attempt lasting change. We must stand strong in the face of discouragement, whether it be from personal doubts or public disapproval.

While thinking about this quote and about what drives me to write these blog posts and to stand up for others in life and online, at first I am tempted to dismiss my own bravery, as though it were nothing to really consider. But it is. It does take a certain amount of bravery to sit down to a keyboard and a blank screen and come up with new ideas to share. It takes courage to put in the work of researching facts and photos, and to write them up and (hopefully) make them appealing to the folks who may be reading them. Before I can even begin to worry about my posts being ignored at best, or ridiculed at worst, I have to overcome my own little hater.

My question for you:
Where does your courage come from?

0 comments :

Post a Comment