Sunday, March 8, 2015

She's Crafty - Women's History Month Edition 2

Here we are heading into Week Two of Women's History Month. To continue the celebration, I've found some more fantastic pieces celebrating amazing women from history.

I love this print of Rosalind Franklin looking through her microscope by Michelle Tavares of LunaReef. She also has one of Rosa Parks in this same style, as well as other beautiful illustrations.



How cool is this Amelia Earhart Lego MiniFig? Maker Bodin Hayseed also has some cute little Martial Arts Girls and other geeky and fun custom minifigs in his shop Mountain of Awesome.



I love this Helen Keller Quote Cuff by Kaelyn Wraase at WordyWoman.
"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something, and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do something that I can do." Helen Keller
These two awesome bracelets (top: Black Female Writers, bottom: Sistas in the Struggle) by Iyapo Moyende Ngina of MoyendeKreations are great. What a great way to remember the hard work of the amazing women who've come before us and who continue to inspire us.
"When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid."
Audre Lorde


I adore all the dolls made by Debbie Ritter of Uneek Doll Designs, but I'm especially in love with this Sojourner Truth doll. Every detail, even down to the glasses and the shawl, is perfect.



And finally, I cannot pick which of these paintings I like the most, so I'm sharing all three (from left to right: Maya Angelou, Sacagawea, and Susan B. Anthony). Elizabeth Mayville's style is stunningly beautiful, and her still lifes are as equally amazing.

0 comments :

Post a Comment